Last post for the year: Resolutions.

by - 8:23 PM


Hello guys. This is the last blog post for the year 2021. I already started writing this last week but I stopped for some reason. In the blog post I started before, I mentioned that I was struggling with writing an article that I needed to submit before the end of this month. It is my first time working with this person and so I might be under a little bit of pressure. I am going to be discussing a little bit about the topic I’m writing on. So I am basically talking about the pressure that comes with making new year resolutions at the beginning of the year. 

If you check the first post I uploaded this year, you would notice I wrote about something similar. I talked about how I had something I wanted to work on and the reason I decided to work on it.  I struggle with anxiety and so I overthink things. Instead of making a list of things that I needed to do, I’d usually just wing it. It wasn’t all that bad because I would do almost all the things I needed to do. But it was not an efficient way of getting work done. Now that the year has ended, I can say that I have made a huge improvement. I have used up a lot of notepads because I’ve been writing down everything I needed to get done and making lists. I started with the notepads and then I went on to make use of the reminder function on my phone. I did this gradually until I got used to it and I saw how much it increased my productivity and efficiency. This wasn’t necessarily a New Year’s resolution for me. Or maybe I did not just want to use the term. All I know is I picked out this issue at the beginning of the year, I started to work on it and now I am way better.


The new year is often attributed to new beginnings and like most people do every year, lists of new year resolutions are already been drafted. I'd just like to bring up a few things. The first thing I’d like to say is that life is no fairytale but you already knew that (Lol...Ladipoe). When the clock strikes 12 on New Year’s eve, nothing magical happens. Life doesn’t restart and so you shouldn’t go into the new year thinking that everything is going to start all over. I mean, you can decide to cut yourself some slack and start on a new slate in whatever area of your life you think you need to. All I’m saying is there is no magic anywhere. The new year doesn’t mean everything will turn around automatically, you still have to work for it. Secondly, do not go into the new year looking at another person’s life. These past few months have been crazy for me. I didn’t see a lot of things coming. It’s been from one change to the other.  One thing that would’ve made everything worse would have been me comparing my life with someone else’s. That’s one of the greatest mistakes you can’t make. Why would you want to punish yourself like that?  Imagine comparing yourself with another person and then making a new year resolution because of it. 


I once mentioned in one of my posts that someone I felt was actually insecure about themself was body-shaming me. I was in a bad place when this was happening and I wasn’t even fat but the comments got to me. I fixated on the comments so much that actually ended up losing weight. I literally took the comments of an insecure and obese (yeah obese) person and decided to let it affect my being.  Please do not make a New Year’s resolution based on what somebody is saying about you. Do not let the pressure of the comments of family or friends or colleagues push you into making a New Year’s resolution that you do not want to make. I am not going to go into the new year with the crazy aim of getting a husband because my parents want me to bring someone home even when I’m not ready. I mean if you want it, go and get it.  Whatever you want to do, you have the power to accomplish. All I’m saying is don’t do anything because someone says something. Let the words bounce off of you because they are meaningless and nobody knows you like you do. 


Lastly, please calm down. I also talked about this in the post I wrote at the beginning of the year. I know the pressure of starting the year great can be crazy. Just try to work at a pace that doesn’t drive you crazy. I am actually going to be coming back here to read this again next year. This year a lot of times I didn’t take my own advice and I ended up having series of breakdowns. The pressure will definitely come but always remember to put your health above every other thing. Whenever it starts to get too much, please take a break. You are amazing and you did so great this year. See you next year baddie!



Ps: Have an amazing holiday 🎄 

You May Also Like

5 Comments

  1. Aw thank you so much! This was much needed! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you in 2022 Bee, by God's grace and thanks a lot for the pieces of advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "one of the greatest mistakes you can’t make" I loved reading that😂. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete