Cheers to a year of ease...

by - 12:33 PM

 




the african bee blog



Happy new year friend! It's so great to see you here in 2022. I am thankful that you didn't stop supporting me and that you're here again to hear what I have to say. 2021 was amazing because you clicked every link, you shared every blog post and you made comments. I’m so grateful to everyone that read all my blog posts. When I also needed help winning writing competitions you were there. Thank you so much for doing 2021 with me. Now that we’re in 2022, I want us to go into the new year armed.  At the beginning of 2021, I was confused about a lot of things. I had just started working at my new place of work and I was struggling to find a place to stay. This is kind of a difficult story for me to share because it’s an emotional one. So I may not go into details in this particular blog post. Just know that 2021 was crazy and emotional for me. I had to be humble and take what life was giving me a lot of times. I had chosen the path I wanted and so I had to persevere. A lot of times, when I didn't think I had it in me, the strength came and things felt better.


I want to remind you that you are strong and that you can take whatever life brings. In 2020,none of us saw COVID coming. It was difficult for all of us. People passed on, some lost their jobs and a lot of us felt very unsafe because of the unrest happening around us. 2020 was hard and 2021 seemed like a fairly better twin but somehow, we overcame it. We scaled through one way or the other and we’re here in 2022.  When I was struggling with depression, I used to think about the worst things. I often wondered why people could not read my mind and see that I was suffering. As I got better, I started to realize that I didn’t actually want to die. I just wanted to stop feeling bad and miserable. I wanted all the bad thoughts to end. I wanted all the bad people around me to stop making me feel worse. I wanted someone to genuinely care.


We don’t know what 2022 holds. We don’t know what’s going to happen but we pray and hope that 2022 is our year of joy because lord knows that we’ve seen enough. We all need a break and we hope that 2022 is our year of break. But the thing about life is that it’s the uncertainty that makes it “life”.  Whatever uncertainty that life throws at you in the new year, please remember that you’d be fine. Bad friends, peer pressure, being broke, and even feeling alone. These things have nothing on you. You’ll be fine. It’ll be fine. Put your happiness above every other thing. This doesn’t mean you should be selfish in a way that puts other people down. Just remember that your happiness is very important. Remember to pray and meditate. Go with God into the new year and throughout the year never let go of Him.


You May Also Like

2 Comments