It's been a year...

by - 9:11 AM






 52 posts and a year later.


Hello guys! It's been a minute. How has 2021 been so far? I hope it's been great and that you are healthy and well. I'm in a great mood.

If you read the topic, you might know the reason. A year ago today, I birthed The African Bee. This time last year, I was thinking about how I could move forward as a writer. If you know me or have my Instagram or check my Whatsapp statuses, you’d know I love poems.

I wrote them a lot and put them up on my social media. I even started to write a book. It’s really amazing when I think of it. Although it’s still a rough draft and not published yet, it’s still amazing. I go through the things I’ve written sometimes and it just leaves me speechless. 

I’ve said this so many times. Writing is my escape. I found it when I was in a dark place and felt like I had no one to talk to. I mostly just had people who wanted to offload their problems on me and so I needed to find my own escape. When I finally did, it was a great relief. 





Anyways, I started the blog as a “hobby”. I had a whole other thing in mind when I started but then it morphed into the most perfect thing. My little brother put this blog together for me two years after he mentioned it and I said “nahhh”. I know he'd throw up after he reads this but I love you and I’m thankful for your help. When I started the blog I was usually so nervous about putting up what I had written and so I used to have my partner read it. I thought about quitting a lot but I’m thankful that I didn’t. Now, I'm just looking for ways to improve as a writer and also how to communicate with you better. If you've not noticed, my website’s URL is no longer theafricanbee.com.ng. It's now theafricanbee.com and I just hope I never stop growing.



I was going through my old posts and reading comments from people saying they could relate or that something I wrote spoke to them in some way. You don’t know how beautiful it feels to write and get feedback. I was talking to someone a few days ago and I was explaining how I felt about a certain post I put up. The views were so low and it made me feel like I was just shouting and screaming at the top of my voice and nobody was answering. 

I’m so happy I never actually gave up. Amidst my impromptu breaks (and inconsistency cos of work), I still kept it going. 

I’m so happy and I’m thankful to everyone that has shared my links. I’m grateful for every view and comment. You guys are the best. I love you so much ❤️

You May Also Like

7 Comments

  1. Happy anniversary
    You are doing great
    Keep going 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it has been a year already. Cheers to the african bee, We love you too,I like the way reading this always feels like a convo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary. You're doing great👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

    ReplyDelete