Blog takeover: The promise I made to myself

by - 1:13 PM





Hi! I'm a content writer and social media manager named Feyisikemi but you can call me Feyi.


I opened my journal on the 1st of July and I laughed hard at what I saw. I had high hopes for 2022 in terms of enjoyment, books, and life generally. I wrote down the things I wanted to do in the new year. I wanted to read 40 books by the end of 2022, visit new places and do adventurous things like learning how to swim. I also wanted to do a lot of shopping.


Now, I can't believe I wrote all those things. What made me think I would suddenly overcome my fear of swimming so quickly? And the only thing I remember actually shopping for recently is a perfume. I have also spent quite an amount on food because it is only when you are alive that you can enjoy life.


My reading journey was kind of bad at some point but I am doing better now, and I have visited more places this year than I have in a long time. I know you are thinking “how does this concern me?” Chill, I am getting there.

The truth is that as much as we want to do a lot as humans, we can't always tick off everything we want to do. Yes, it is good to have a plan but always be flexible to changes.


I said earlier that I had some slack with reading but I have gotten the groove back because it is something I am interested in. It’s amazing how we all have high hopes and expectations for how much we want to earn in five years, the number of books and articles we want to read, the places we want to travel to and so many others. But out of all these, there would be some that we might get to tick off our list at the stipulated time, while we might not get to tick off the others at that time. 


The question is “Should this break us?”. No! Should this discourage us from drawing up a list? It shouldn’t. It only helps in shaping and reminding us that life wouldn’t always go as planned and while this might be a little disappointing, it shouldn’t stop us from fulfilling all those promises we made to ourselves. Thus, I’d eventually try to read as many books as I can, visit as many places as I can, live an adventurous life and try to explore my list to the fullest.


How are things going with your plans for the year? I'm encouraging you even if you feel like a few have flopped. I would love to hear from you in the comment section, till we meet again.



PS: Bee here! Feyi’s article is such a necessity because we're in the eight month already and before we know it, the year will be over. This is a reminder to go a bit easy on yourself. You've been amazing so far and with consistency, you'll get your desired results!


I'm still taking on guest writers this month. If you're interested, please let me know.

You May Also Like

7 Comments

  1. Sikemi doing things!!! I’ve turned my own plans to vibes😂, I’ll do what I can do and leave the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. Kudos, wishing you well in your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! Love this. We'll done Sikemi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More ink to your pen..Nice piece of writing 😁💯

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you o. I needed to see this reminder .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food will always be ✅ for Feyi 😆
    Had alot of plan for the year but alot also happened and I couldn't achieve them.
    Well, I'm happy that i didn't fall into depression and my sanity is intact after all that has happened for the past 7month I'm still here living.

    ReplyDelete