Let’s talk about fashion.

by - 9:02 PM








Hey guys! Hope y’all had fun on Valentine’s Day...cos I did😊. I’m sure y’all did too!  Today we’ll be talking about fashion!  That’s right guys...my very first post on fashion and I’d like to start by mentioning a few things associated with fashion in general.
Fashion is a form of expression for each and every one of us. Whether we like it or not, our look tells people something about us. The choice of colors, type of fabric and style (etcetera) helps people know us to a certain extent. 
Fashion is dynamic and it’d continually move with time. As new trends come, we try as much as possible to catch up so we aren’t caught slacking. Some people think it’s just too much pressure while it’s a priority for others to know what’s new.

I believe in timeless pieces (classic pieces that are always in) because they’d never go out of style. 
I also think it’s essential to have a few new pieces just to spice things up a bit. I feel like there should be a balance but I’ve also noticed that a lot of the new trends are just old ones that somebody famous brought back. Remember how we used to think baggy jeans and flared jeans were so uncool? Well they are in now and I’d kill for the perfect pair of high-rise flared jeans. 

Some of the timeless pieces I’ve been talking about are : 

  1. Blazers/ Suits : They’ll always be in. Maybe new ways of wearing them would pop up in the future (like how Kim Kardashian wore over-sized blazers and biker shorts), but with the right colors/ fabric, they’d always be in. 
                                                                               kofi Siriboe


  1. Blacks and Whites : The famous little black dress for the ladies (LBD), black/white pants, a white dress shirt, plain black pumps, black ties, simple white or black tees, a black bag and so on. Black and white will never go out of style and they can be easily paired with any color. 
                                                                                     Link




  1. Jeans : The right kind of Jeans can make a lot of difference in the way you look. Jean jackets, jean skirts or trousers and even dresses  are always here to stay. 
    
                                                                            calvin klein jeans




  1. Converse shoes and sneakers: These foot-wears have been around for so long and they go with a lot of outfits. Now, everyone has a pair of those chunky sneakers ( I honestly don’t know why they’re called ugly sneakers cos they’re beautiful). You can just put on a regular tee shirt and jeans with sneakers and look really good.
                                                 


These are some of the pieces that would never look outdated when worn right but wearing a few new pieces with the timeless one would have you looking really great. For instance, sometimes you can switch your black flats for a pair of colorful mules. Also, on your little white dress you can wear a corset belt to accentuate your waist. Fashion is simply all about expressing yourself by mixing up different pieces the right way and most importantly, being comfortable.
Another important part is the expenses. I really don’t believe that you need to borrow or break the bank to look fabulous. Which is why in my next post we’re going to be talking about one of the things that a lot of us can relate to - the bend down boutique (thrift shopping).

Does buying secondhand clothes make me cheap?  Is it something I should be ashamed of ?  Does it make me less fashionable?  Please let me know what you think in the comment section guys!
Once again I’m thankful for the love and support. You all are amazing! Do not forget to share and drop your comments and if you’d like a feature too, hit me up.




You May Also Like

4 Comments

  1. Interesting read! Nice perspective

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Valentine was boring. Don't assume for us next
    2. We do not all have a pair of converse. At least I do not
    Hey, I'm in support of thrift shopping. I can be your plug for thrifting. You Know where to find me..
    My write up is getting longer than Bee's.
    Okay bye! 👋🏾

    ReplyDelete